Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chicken Wings

Chicken wings is one of my top foods. I make them all the time because they are just so darn delicious. I used to deep fry them but that's too much work, it makes the whole house smell like fried chicken for a week, and it pretty unhealthy. Now, I just bake them because that's quite the easy alternative. If I had a grill, that's probably how I'd do it, but as I don't, I don't.

If you've ever been to Winger's then you know about their Amazing Sauce. Supposedly their sauce is a secret recipe but I found a way around that. All it is is equal parts brown sugar and Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Throw those in a pot and you're good to go! I almost always have the stuff on hand nowadays because it is very delicious. Just make sure you don't get distracted and let it boil for 20 minutes like I did today. It came out very gelatonous and burned tasting and was disgusting. I had to chuck it and start over.


The wings bake in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes on each side. I like to toss them in some flour with garlic salt and whatever spices I feel like before baking, that way the sauce has something to hold on to. I bake them on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet so that the grease will drip down. Once all done cooking, just throw some of the amazing sauce on it and some ranch on your plate for dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment